Commercial Foundation Claims

Do Not Accept Your Insurance Carrier's Underpayment or Wrongful Denial of Your Commercial Foundation or Structural Damage Claim

Over the past few years, insurance companies have changed coverage provided in their policies related to foundation, structural and water damage claims. However, many commercial policies provide coverage by endorsement. This includes coverage for foundation damage to apartments, condominiums or commercial structures that occurs as a result of plumbing leaks. Also, some policies provide coverage for the cost of accessing the plumbing lines to make repairs and coverage for other structural or water damage. Our extensive experience in this field has shown that frequently, foundation claims are outright denied and often not investigated at all by the insurance company. Do the following sound familiar?

  • Foundation/structural damage to your property.
  • Plumbing line leaks discovered under or near foundation.
  • Claim reported to insurance company.
  • Insurance company outright denies claim or refuses to investigate.
  • Insurance company investigates by hiring an engineer to inspect property.
  • Insurance company denies claim based on insurance company engineering report.

If the above sounds familiar, your claim may have been wrongfully denied. Obtaining a thorough review of your policy, the facts of the claim and damage to the structure is highly recommended. Forcing your insurance company to pay, however, frequently requires involving an attorney who will provide a second opinion concerning the insurance company's claim decision.

We have achieved positive results for clients whose claims were improperly denied. If the claim is not flat out denied, then insurance companies will frequently underpay claims. Contact us to review your prospective case to determine if the insurance company's decision should be challenged.

At the Law Offices of Robert N. Grisham II, we are dedicated to holding insurance companies accountable for the promises made in their insurance policies. Contact us to discuss your important legal rights.

Business Income Coverage

When a loss damages your property and adversely affects your business operations, Business Income Coverage may be the only thing that keeps your business alive. Business Income Coverage is intended to compensate the business owner for income lost during the period of repair of the property. Generally, it begins when the direct physical damage occurs and ends on the earlier of the date that the damaged property should be repaired, rebuilt or replaced. Typically, Business Income Coverage pays for the net income that would have been earned, operating expenses, including payroll, and loss of rents incurred during the period of restoration because of suspension of operations due to a covered loss. The standard policy limits the period of restoration to 30 days; this period can typically be extended to 360 days by an endorsement to the policy.

We assist our clients with presentation of a Business Income Coverage claim, including advice regarding compiling documentation supporting the claim. This may require the assistance of qualified consultants or experts to determine the loss.

Contact Us to Speak With a Lawyer

Insurance companies often improperly investigate, underpay or wrongfully deny claims. Do not accept this wrongful conduct. At the Law Offices of Robert N. Grisham II, we can help you get your claim resolved so that you can move on with your life. Call or e-mail us.