Serious car accidents with trucks occur frequently in Dallas and throughout the surrounding areas of North Texas. Trucks contribute to numerous catastrophic injuries and fatalities on our Texas roadways.
A collision with a large truck can result in devastation to a family. You need an experienced attorney to evaluate and to negotiate your case to get you fair compensation. It is important that you select a proven attorney to evaluate your claim and negotiate a fair resolution. If you have suffered an injury, you may need to contact an experienced attorney to represent you in:
- A legal action against a negligent truck driver, in order to recover compensation for your medical costs, lost wages and other serious consequences of your injury
- Negotiations with your own or others’ insurance companies to help ensure you receive the maximum settlement under applicable coverage
If you have been injured in an accident or have tragically lost a family member due to an accident with an 18-wheeler or other large commercial truck, then contact us immediately. We are experienced in handling catastrophic personal injury and wrongful death cases. At the Law Offices of Robert N. Grisham II, we are dedicated to protecting our client’s rights. Contact us to discuss your important legal rights.
Investigation of Your Claim
Truck accident investigations and litigation can be more complex than a traditional accident. For instance, witnesses may vanish and pertinent records may be altered to help the trucking company or its insurance company avoid paying. Many investigations involve retrieving information from the black box (satellite and GPS data) to determine the cause of the collision. A truck accident can occur as a result of any of the following reasons:
- Unsecured loads
- Sleep deprivation
- Improper driver training
- Driver logbook violations
- Broken tail and headlights
- Driving in dangerous weather
- Overloaded and overweight trucks
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Failure to keep safe distance behind other vehicles
- Defective truck equipment such as brakes or other equipment
- Failure to use flashers or warning signs when stopped on side of road
- Lack of safety equipment such as reflectors and other warning devices
Truck accidents can include collisions with the following types of trucks: 18-wheelers, delivery trucks, moving vans, cement trucks, big rigs, delivery vans, tractor-trailers, semi-trucks, buses, moving trucks and garbage trucks, among other types of trucks. Entities that may be responsible for a truck accident are: truck driver, truck driver’s employer, truck inspectors, truck mechanics, truck driver supervisors, as well as the owner of the tractor or trailer.
Contact a lawyer to protect your rights. Rest assured, the truck driver and trucking company will likely do whatever is necessary to minimize liability or delay or avoid payment altogether.
There is no financial risk for you because we offer a free consultation and collect attorney’s fees only if we accept your case and recover a settlement or verdict on your behalf. If you feel you need legal representation after a collision with a truck or other roadway accident, please contact us now. We offer a free case evaluation, and you will owe no attorney fees unless we succeed in obtaining compensation for you.